Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the jira user picker for plugins?

jtw-ic November 24, 2013

Hello,

currently I am using the simple jira user picker that can be created by using the JIRA.UserAutoComplete function in javascript. Is there an easy way to get the more advanced user picker (the one that lets you pick and delete users from your choice in one element) to work in my own plugin? The picker I mean is this one:

User picker

It can be found on the administration interface of project roles.

Thank you!

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Remie Bolte
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

I always check the JIRA source code to see how Atlassian implemented this and if the component can be reused. In this case you will need to check the

jira-project/jira-components/jira-plugins/jira-project-config-plugin/src/main/resources/people/people.vm

Velocity template to discover how the component works.

p.s.: keep in mind that this is part of the Atlassian private API. So if you decide to use this within your add-on, you need to make sure that you check for compatibility issues with this component when you update your add-on for new versions of JIRA.

Admin Kanoah September 1, 2015

Hi, I'm looking for the same thing, but it seems this .vm file doesn't exist anymore. Any other tips?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events