Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use parent issue's Epic Link as a string variable on Create Sub-task (Bob Swift COT) post-function?

Damian Rosochacki August 16, 2016

I'm trying to create a sub-task that uses the parent issue's Epic Link in its summary. For example:

Epic Name: Great Question

Epic Link (on the parent issue): Great Question

Sub-task summary: Sub-task: Great Question

I tried to use %parent_customfield_10008% (cf10008 being Epic Link,) but that just returns the Epic key, resulting in the following:

Sub-task summary: Sub-task: ABC-100

Question: Is there a way to pull the Epic Link as a string so that it can be added to the summary (or any other text field)?

---

Environment:

• JIRA 6.4.12 Server,
  • Bob Swift Create on Transition plugin v5.6.0

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

Have you tried %parent_Epic Name%? Or similar with the custom field id of the Epic Name custom field.

Damian Rosochacki August 17, 2016

That didn't work - the parent issue doesn't have the Epic Name value, and I'm not sure how it would inherit it from the Epic? 

Here's the use case in different wording:

• I have a transition on the Epic workflow that auto-creates an issue and links it to the Epic
    • Epic Name: "All about automation"
    • The issue created is called "Task: All about automation"
    • The Epic Link on the issue says "All about automation"
  • On the issue workflow, I create a sub-task on the Create transition
    • The sub-task should be called "Sub-task: All about automation"

For the sub-task summary, I tried using "Sub-task: %parent_customfield_10008%" *, but that didn't work as it returned the Epic key instead of the Epic Name/Epic LInk as a string, which is what I'm looking for.

*cf10008 being Epic Link

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events