Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track the status of multiple versions in Jira

Dan Deftos June 25, 2014

We develop/support many versions of our product. In some instances it could be greater than 5. So when a bug issues is raised we may need to create a solution in 5 or more versions of our product. These solutions move at different rates through these versions (coding is generally done at the same time across the versions but testing, resolving issues and deploying can certainly happen at much different times). So our challenging is receiving a single bug issue and fixing it across many versions and tracking the status of these versions with as little overhead (ie linked issues or subtasks) as possible. Does anyone else have a similar challenge? It would be ideal if in some way the Jira issue allowed for status by version.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Miguel Almeida August 25, 2016

Hi @Dan Deftos. We have a similar workflow and I actually just asked the exact same question here.

We're currently evaluating JIRA. Did you manage to find any interesting solution for this?

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2014

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly but please have a look into Advanced Searching Functions to see if it helps. Basically you might want to use a JQL like this:

• fixVersion in releasedVersions() and issue in linkedIssues("PROJ-10") and issuetype not in subTaskIssueTypes()

Other than that, also review Scripted JQL Functions provided by Script Runner plugin.

Cheers.

Dan Deftos July 6, 2014

Thanks for the response Andy. What we were hoping to achieve was within the issue itself be able to quickly see the status of any fixed version on the issue. Our internal users (support staff to our end customers) need to the ability to identify an issue and understand if it is available for a customer running any one of our supported releases. It is unclear to me how a filter would allow me to achieve that.

Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2014

Hi Dan,

I think such a feature is not available in JIRA yet. You can add versions to an issue but won't see the versions' statuses within the View Issue screen. The JQL I suggested is just to retrieve a list of issues with certain criteria and does not meet your requirement. You may think about raising a feature request in jira.atlassian.com. Sorry for not being so useful here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events