Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track Jira administraion activities - editing - creating - deleting (workflows, screens, fields..etc)

selvamanis March 4, 2012

i created some workflows and screens, but has changed all the settings that i have created. i have full admin access but i dont know who edited those things.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

There's an auditor plugin that you can use that will keep track of stuff like this:

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.plugenta.jiraauditor

This is a commercial plugin and rather pricy, but it will keep track of all your workflow changes.

As an example, I have one such log entry recording:

Timestamp
Event type
User name
IP Address

...and the important bit, "Parameters"

Workflow step = 5
View = Minimal
Workflow name = xxxx
Transition = yyy
Destination step = 8

Hence, I know exactly what workflow changes were made, when, and by whom.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2012

We're using that plugin too, it'll do exactly what you need in terms of auditing. Really easy to use, and covers everything.

The only minor flaw we've found is that it logs issues being moved between projects which generates logs we don't really want (we don't care about those here because the issue history already shows it, and that's good enough for us)

selvamanis March 4, 2012

thank you guys.. i hope it ill be hepful

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events