Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if Service Desk is installed and which version

Paul Clark _Redmoon Software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2016

Hi, how can I tell if the current JIRA instance is running Service Desk and which version?

This needs to be done programmatically (i.e. for a plugin)

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Sascha Novakovic November 16, 2017

As Nic already mentioned, since Jira 7 Service Desk is an application. Therefore ApplicationManager should be the right choice to get that info.

final Option<Application> applicationOption = applicationManager.getApplication(ApplicationKey.valueOf("jira-servicedesk"));
if (applicationOption.isDefined()) {
// Service Desk is available
} else {
// Service Desk is not available
}

1 vote
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2016

Sorry forgot to mention this needs to be done programmatically (i.e. for a plugin)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

Ah. There's a "pluginManager" class you can use to get lists of active add-ons in JIRA. But in JIRA 7, Service Desk is now an "application" and I'm not sure that the plugin manager will see it as an add-on any more. There is an applicationManager class, but I've not looked at it, just have a vague idea it can tell you some stuff about what is licenced and what project types are available.

Marketplace Partner
January 14, 2016

Hi Nic. Thanks for that Info. Did a check and Application Manager is crowd and is not the right one. Plugin manager is depreciated since 2006 but says to use one of its interfaces so I used PluginAccessor. This shows JIRA Service Desk Application as one of the plugins so JIRA applications must just be a different form of plugin.

Marketplace Partner
January 14, 2016

Do you want to add your comment as an answer so I can mark as correct. Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

The System info page will tell you.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events