Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to supply JWT token from iframe back to add-on service with atlassian-connect-spring-boot?

Eric Olson June 16, 2016

In the atlassian-connect-express (ACE) framework, there is a special context parameter that is used to facilitate authenticated calls from the add-on iframe back to the add-on service:

token: the token that can be used to authenticate calls from the iframe back to the add-on service.

Is there anything similar in the atlassian-connect-spring-boot framework?  

I have an action in my add-on iframe that needs to call back to the add-on service, and ultimately make REST calls on the Atlassian instance.  I haven't been able to determine how to pass the user context back to the service endpoint with the new Spring Boot framework.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2016

Update 

This feature was included in atlassian-connect-spring-boot 1.2.0, released on .

See the section Authenticating requests from iframe content back to the add-on of the README for details.

Original answer:

Hi, @Eric!

atlassian-connect-spring-boot does not yet have this feature, but we do plan to add it, see https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACSPRING-8.

In the meantime, would it be possible for you to use our JavaScript API to make this request to the REST API?

Eric Olson {Appfire} June 17, 2016

Thanks Einar, unfortunately I can't use the JavaScript API in this case since I need to do some processing in our service and make an outbound REST call via one of our server libraries.

Also I am unable to see the details of the issue you have posted, I see this instead:Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 4.53.22 PM.png

Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2016

Sorry, the JIRA project was misconfigured. You should be able to access and watch the issue now.

I'll try to get this work prioritized soon.

Steven Kling December 9, 2016

What changes are necessary to my settings.xml to get spring-boot-starter-web and atlassian-connect-spring-boot-starter dependencies added to my pom.xml to resolve?

I've checked both the Atlassian public repository and the local sdk repositories and neither have either of those groups/artifacts.  No setup instructions tell which repositories to register.

Trying to follow instructions here:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/atlassian-connect-spring-boot

But cannot get past compile.

Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
December 27, 2016

@Steven Kling, all Spring Boot artefacts as well as atlassian-connect-spring-boot-starter are published to Maven Central. You should not need to modify your Maven settings.

0 votes
Alex Matsarski October 5, 2016

Hi everyone,

Yes, this feature is a highly demanded. Could you please consider to change the priority of this feature?

Thanks,

Alex 

Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2016

Hi, Alex. This feature already has very high priority. I see you also commented on https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACSPRING-8 and watched that issue. Stay tuned there for updates.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events