How to stop JIRA making REST API calls

Simon Cast June 5, 2013

Hi,

I've linked my app to various JIRA installs using the OAuth & generic application. I now get a continuous stream of these calls:

GET /rest/activity-stream/1.0/config?local=true HTTP/1.1" 404 3172 "-" "Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0.1

How do I turn these activity stream fetches off?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2013

Hi Simon,

I guess you can try to disable the Accept Remote API calls via Administration -> System -> General Configuration. Hope its help.

Regards,

John Chin

Simon Cast June 10, 2013

But will that actually turn off the ability to link ProdPad to JIRA? The point here is that I'm linking ProdPad to JIRA in order to allow our users to send their data across to JIRA.

Why would Accept Remote API calls stop JIRA looking for an activity feed?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2013

Yes, because ProdPad will probably be using the remote API. Turn it off, and you've blocked the external access to everything, including ProdPad

Simon Cast June 24, 2013

Ok so seems to be confusion about what I was asking. In this situation users are setting up OAuth Consumer Application link in their JIRA install. This is so they can then push data from ProdPad to JIRA.

Why is JIRA install making these calls /rest/activity-stream/1.0/config?local=true to my server?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2013

Is your server the Jira server, or something else?

Simon Cast June 24, 2013

It is something else. My users are connecting their existing JIRA installs to my app.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2013

They have set up requests for information from your server then. Probably dashboard gadgets, as it says "activity stream" in there.

However, it's quite likely that their streams are asking because your server offers information that can be drawn into a Jira activity stream. You'll need to look at whatever they're hitting to find out why it's offering that, and then go into Jira and turn off the requests

Simon Cast June 24, 2013

I doubt it. I've not set anything up and ProdPad is not offering anything for JIRA installs to read. The data is POST'd to JIRA from ProdPad.

All the users are doing is setting up an Application link with incoming OAuth access so ProdPad can POST to JIRA to create issues. The URL that JIRA install's are calling is not even valid endpoint for ProdPad. Its just a generic call.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2013

Hmm. So, what is the content of the call? The string you've given actually looks like Jira is asking another Jira to include information in it's local activity stream, but I don't know why, if you've only configured it for OAuth stuff. I've got exactly the same here - an incoming OAuth for a remote app to post, but there's nothing going back to the other app, so I'm a little bit lost on this one.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events