Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/osgi/framework/BundleContext in Atlassian SDK 4.2.4?

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

There is repeatable error during atlas-debug for several plugins after atlas-update (to version 4.2.4):

ERROR [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 1]  c.a.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin Unable to start the plugin container for plugin com.atlassian.pdkinstall
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/osgi/framework/BundleContext
(...)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.osgi.framework.BundleContext
(...)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2013-08-01 17:31:41,280 ERROR [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 1]  o.s.o.e.i.a.ContextLoaderListener Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.pdkinstall.plugin, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
(...)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Exception in thread "ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/osgi/framework/BundleContext
(...)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.osgi.framework.BundleContext
(...)

How to resolve it?

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2013

This should now be fixed in version 4.2.5 of the Atlassian Plugin SDK. You can run atlas-update from the command line to automatically update your SDK to the newest version.

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

Good news ) Really, its seem to be fixed.

0 votes
Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

I had same problem in SDK 4.2.9

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2014

Can you please share more information about the error you're getting (can you please post the full stacktrace?).

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2013

Hi. Thanks for reporting this issue! It looks like a bug in the SDK. I've created a JIRA issue to track the fix, here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMPS-1030

The error should not actually stop you from being able to develop add-ons using v4.2.4 of the SDK - it is only a minor legacy function of the SDK that gets disabled as a result of this error.

If the issue is a blocker for you, you can temporarily resolve the problem by un-installing the SDK and down-grading to version 4.2.3.

0 votes
Jannik Luyten
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

I have the same problem. Did you report it as a bug?

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

I had have the same problem. I resolved it by reinstalling the old version 4.2.3. You'll find the previous version hier : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/atlassian-plugin-sdk-windows/versions

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

THank! I did the same. But it is not the solution, unfortunately.

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

I've the same problem.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events