Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the default 'Resolution' field from the View Issue page in Jira 4.4.5

Harish September 2, 2012

How to remove the default 'Resolution' field from the View Issue page in Jira 4.4.5

We do not want to display the Resolution field in the View Issue page as it is confusing us with the Status field.

I have tried to make the 'Resoltuion' field as 'Hidden' from the Field Configuration page, the Resolution field is not shown on the View Issue page but then this impacts other places too especially the 'Assigned to Me' gadget does not display the Defects when the Resoltuion field is hidden.

We want the Resolution field functionality to work as it is. Only need is NOT to display it in the View Issue page.

Please suggest any work around for this.

Thanks,

Harish.

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi, you can use the JIRA Toolkit plugin. Add a message Custom Field (for view) and use some Javascript/jQuery to hide the resolution field from being viewed.

Harish September 2, 2012

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the response.

I do not want to use the external plugins as reently we tried with plugins ( Free Plugin ) and where unable to achieve the required feature.

Can we achieve this by using any 'Field Level security ' option.

Or anyother way to edit the 'View Issue' page code , may be the .vm or .xml or .jsp files

If so, let me know the file realted to the 'View Issue' page.

Please let me knowif there are workarounds with in Jira.

Thanks,

Harish.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Harish, can you elaborate a bit on this point "I do not want to use the external plugins as reently we tried with plugins ( Free Plugin ) and where unable to achieve the required feature."? As using the message custom field as told by Harry seems to be good solution.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Harry solutions does not work for me in v5.x . My code is

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($) {
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$("#resolution").hide();
});

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {
AJS.$("#resolution").hide();
});
})(AJS.$);
</script>

Any solution

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

In Jira 6.x the Java Script code must be changed a little bit. Instead of #resolution, the id should be changed to #resolution-val:

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($) {
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$("#resolution-val").hide();
});

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {
AJS.$("#resolution-val").hide();
});
})(AJS.$);

0 votes
Marlon Hemkemaier May 17, 2013

use two different screen schemas, the first for create a issue, this don't has 'Resolution' field, and the other, the 'edit screen' need have the field 'resolution' for you fix yours issues.

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Try using JavaScript (either in the announcement banner or field description). Following are the hints for your JavaScript code.

1. HTML ID for Resolution field's value element: 'resolution-val'
  2. Using Javascript, remove the parent of parent of that element. (What you should remove is a HTML <li> element)

For testing I removed it using Firebug and things looked clean. :-)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events