Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move new issues to the top of global rank?

ViktorT November 3, 2011

By default new issue appears at the bottom of the list ordered by global rank, afaiu it's just set with incremented rank value. I need some workaround to conditionally put new issue at the top of the list ordered by global rank.

e.g. I have list of issues: a, b, c. Then I create issue d and some condition = false (e.g. low priority), so it becomes a, b, c, d. Then I create issue z and some condition = true (e.g. high priority), and it becomes z, a, b, c, d.

Any workaround would be great - plugin development, behaviour script, etc.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

I think you can use Structure plugin to achieve this, although it would be an overkill to use Structure only for that - GHS-749 would certainly be a better solution when it's done.

Example Structure setup:

1. Create a structure for these issues.
  2. Create saved filters that return top issues (priority = high) and bottom issues (priority = low)
  3. Create "container issue" like "High priority issues", and another one for low priority (some use a special issue type for that), and add container issues to the structure
  4. Set up a Saved Filter synchronizer that would place all issues from query (priority=high) under the "High priority issues" parent issue. Set up another Saved Filter sync for the low priority issues.
  5. Set up a GreenHopper synchronizer that would sync Global Rank in GreenHopper with the position of issues in the structure.

This all should sound confusing if you're not acquainted with Structure, so the general idea is: you create an automatically managed list of issues, and synchronize the position of issues with GreenHopper backlog.

Disclosure: I work for the company behind Structure plugin

ViktorT November 6, 2011

structure plugin is way too complicated and expensive for this one and definitely not so gross issue. but thanks for idea.

1 vote
Grover Smith July 18, 2013

One solution that works for me is to change my board filter to sort by rank DESC. This effectively reverses the ranking, so the lowest ranked items (newly created) are now displayed at the top. This solution only works well if you manage ranking via drag and drop and if you don't have a large backlog of well ranked items.

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

Hi Victor,

You may wish to view, vote and comment on this issue as it matches your request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-749

Thanks Victor.

Regards,
Nicholas

ViktorT November 6, 2011

tnx, i voted for it. but i kinda need it sooner, may be there's some general idea how to manage that? i can write a plugin, i just don't know what should i look for.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events