Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage the version of the status?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

Hi All,

I want to add some status, for example

Loaded、Launched、Canceled...

Regards,

Oliver Guan

Version status

Each version can have any of the following four statuses:

• Released — a bundled package
  • Unreleased — an open package
  • Archived — a semi-transparent package
  • Overdue— the release date is highlighted

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

Version and Status in Jira have very specific meanings, and are not directly related. Because of that, I'm not sure I understand the requirement here.

You can add as many status as you need to your workflows - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

You can whatever versions you need to your projects.

The functionality in versions already does "released", "unreleased" and "archived". Your highlighting for Overdue can be done, but is nothing to do with versions in the plugins I've seen (it looks at due date, but a bit of coding could extend that to display it for the version of the issue I think).

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Versions for the version stuff.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2013

Thanks you very much

0 votes
Kleber_Fonseca June 23, 2017

Is it possible to create a new Status to Versions ?

I'm not talking about the status of Issues.

I'm talking abou the status of Versions. 

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

No, versions are released, unreleased or archived.

Espen Espen November 29, 2017

Are there any plans for opening up for other statuses. Like Beta, Acceptance test and other?

It would be a nice Place to track the status of the versjon/release.

Richard Cebulla March 12, 2018

If you visit the Jira Software homepage you can find a picture which shows also the status "In Progress". Does anyone know what is required to get this additional status?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2018

Add it to the list of status in the Admin section.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events