Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make bamboo build artifacts appear?

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

I have setup the bamboo build plan for one of .NET project.

when i trigger the build then build gets success but no any build artificats (MSI files) are appearing under "Artificats" tab ?

I have added devenv /rebuild in default job and it should generate MSI file as setup project is already existed under solution file. But it doesn't generate any artificats.

Couuld you please share me what could be missing things ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Augustsson March 4, 2013

Hi,

I assume you have setup the artifact definition, but if you missed that take a look at the artifact documentation. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+a+job's+build+artifacts

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi,

I have created artifacts definations as below. but it did not work.

build files target */.MSI

Can you pleaes share me , do i need to give full path instead of "target" and

my geneated build files externsion is ".MSI" , then pattern should be ".MSI" ?

I will have multiple MSI files as more then one setup projects in triggered build solution.

Can you please correct the configuration.

Thank You.

0 votes
Martin Augustsson March 5, 2013

If you enter your definition to be *.MSI Bamboo should pick up any .MSI file in the root directory.

You didn't specify if the MSI file is located in the root or in a sub-folder of the build root.

If it's located in a sub-directory you need to specify that in the location field. Ex. build/release

If you will have multiple MSI files in the same directory Bamboo will pick all up with *.MSI. If they are located in different locations but with the same sub-directory you can specify the copy pattern to be something like this **/build/release/*.MSI

Hope that helps you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events