Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Sticky Table Headings to work?

lshaigorodsky March 26, 2016

I have long tables with 20+ columns and every time I scroll down I have hard time to find the column I need to update specific column/cell.

How I can use Sticky Table Headings (to freeze headers on the page) in Confluence?

I understand it may not work with Documentation theme, but it does not work with other themes as well.I was looking at this page to learn about Sticky Table Headings: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/tables-724764903.html#Tables-stickytableheadersStickytableheadingsinviewmode

Thank you for your help!

6 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

Pretty sure the sticky table heading came in 5.8, so you will have to upgrade first.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

Bingo. Resolved against release 5.8.

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues?jql=key = CONF-9267

pokalav May 22, 2017

Hi Milo,

I am using Confluence 6.1.0 but Sticky table header is not working. Can you help me on this Please

Thanks,

Pokala.

2 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2016

Sometimes tables get broken, especially if imported. Try click-drag to select all the data, then create a 1x1 table and paste.

0 votes
Jan Meier February 3, 2017

Very good, this was my problem. Thank you very much

0 votes
lshaigorodsky March 28, 2016

Thank you Milo,

I just tried to build brand new table (using Meeting notes template) - see screen shot below. Still do not see frozen headers - headers just moves up when I scroll down. We have Confluence 5.5.2, should it work with this release or we need to upgrade first?

image2016-3-28 21:57:44.png

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2016

You'll need to upgrade.

lshaigorodsky February 3, 2017

Yes, upgrade solved this problem

Thank you!

dijikul August 22, 2017

We have some pages in our Confluence instance that have the sticky headers, and some that do not.  I have not been able to find out how to convert the non-working ones to working ones...  Any other advice?

dijikul August 22, 2017

Atlassian Confluence 6.2.1

Sherryl Radbil June 17, 2019

It seems that when you use Page Layout Sections the headers in tables inside the sections are not sticky.

This is mentioned on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Does-the-sticky-table-headings-work-when-the-table-is-wrapped-in/qaq-p/144661 but that links to a limitations page that gives a 404 today.

0 votes
lshaigorodsky March 27, 2016

Sure,

Please see screen shot #1 - top of the screen

image2016-3-27 21:49:40.png

As I scroll down - I would expect the headers to stay while scrolling down, but entire page just keeps scrolling down and I cannot see headers

image2016-3-27 21:50:58.png

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2016

Can you give us examples visually? Sticky tables just work for me in the Default Theme.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events