How to keep a list of specific values?

Patrick Gray April 26, 2016

So I am building out Confluence to track a number of technology products. I want to have preset lists of values, such as: Cost to Develop ($1K, $10K, $1 mil, >$10 mil) or Commercial Status (Unknown, Research, Developed, Commercial) and have the preset values all maintained in some central location and then I can insert those list options into a page and let a user select which one. 

Is there any macro or plugin that allows me to do this?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Patrick Gray May 2, 2016

I ended up following the exact answer by Stefan Eike here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/65263

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2016

I do something like this using the Include Page macro.

I created a separate page for each option, e.g. Commercial Status - Research. Then I use Include Page within the target page.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

You could do this a couple of ways. You could create a products template with variables that have specific values so that when a users creates a new product they do so from the template and the template wizard will have them select from a drop-down list. Another option would be to create users macros for your specific metrics and when a users is editing the page they could edit the macro properties and select from a drop down list for each user macro.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

Here are some examlpes of what I am referring to and what it could look like.

Page Template Wizard

When I create a page from this template it gives me drop down lists for certain variables I defined in the template.

image2016-4-26 12:31:5.png

User Macro

I created a user macro called Project Management Status and when I edit the user macro properties I am presented with pre-determined values to select.

image2016-4-26 12:33:12.png

image2016-4-26 12:33:49.png

Patrick Gray April 26, 2016

Thanks for the response Davin. I had used the dropdowns within the templates but then as soon as a user goes to edit it after the first time they are no longer limited to the template options so that is why I am looking for more options.

I'll have to look into the user macro idea. 

Any experience with Profields (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.profields/server/support)?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2016

No, I have experience with it, but that add-on is also only for JIRA.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events