Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Crucible with Slack

abakhach January 24, 2015

Hey folks I have an instance of crucible installed on my AWS instance.. and I would like to integrate it with slack. Ie everytime someone creates a Code Review (CR).. I want a slack channel made specifically for our CRs to report who made the comment, regarding which JIRA and to who (the git commit hash would be a good idea as well). 

I'm looking at the Slack api (https://api.slack.com/) but I'm not sure where to start with Crucible..

I was told there are no Web hooks for Crucible commits, only for Fisheye (which aren't used in the CR creation process) and that I could develop a plugin to integrate Fisheye with Crucible?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2015

I think writing own plugin would be the easiest way to go.  Just take a look at Review Event event hierarchy, there are events that you may want to listen to, e.g ReviewCreatedEvent or ReviewStateChangedEvent.  Once you have your listener fired on this event you may want to impersonate as a super user using ImpersonationService service, use ReviewService to retrieve review details and send appropriate message to external system, e.g. Slack.  There are some tutorials available to help with this exercise.

Hope that helps,
Piotr 

abakhach January 27, 2015

Thanks Piotr Swiecicki [Atlassian].. I have a question though.. right now my client pays for JIRA and crucible plus a host of other atlassian services.. will we have to subscribe to fisheye and pay an extra monthly fee just to have access to these events/webhooks? Isn't there a way to avoid that? That seems like a lot of money just for a single service (we don't have much use for fisheye's other services right now) CommentAccept answerEditDeleteConvert to comment

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Hi, I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, if you wonder if you need a FishEye licence to write such plugin I believe you don't. Having crucible licence should be fine to run such plugin. Plugin would need to register to Crucible events, would consume ReviewService and ImpersonationService. All those components are available with Crucible licence only. Let me know if you have any further questions. Kind regards,

childnode July 20, 2015

so the WebHooks available in FeCru are just Fisheye i.e. commit hooks, and doesn't handle Review events?!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events