Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle additional jar files in a plugin?

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

I developed a plugin which uses some datetime functions of the joda-time library. All is fine when I compile the plugin and test it using "atlas-run". But when I compile this plugin and install it in another JIRA system I get errors because joda-time library is missing. I am using JIRA 6.1.5.

Do you have an example how I can add this dependency in my plugin project? Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Hi Mathias,

Try to add the dependency in your POM file as

<dependency>

<groupId>joda-time</groupId>

<artifactId>joda-time</artifactId>

<version>2.0</version>

</dependency>

or

If you are using eclipse then

Create your java project in eclipse

Download JodaTime

In Eclipse look for your project at package explorer and right click on it then call it New -> Folder -> libs

Copy/Drag joda-time-2.1.jar into the new created libs folder

Right click on your project again (in package explorer) then Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries -> Add Jars -> joda-time-2.1.jar

Now you can test with this code :

DateTime test = new DateTime();

if code compiled ok you are good to go

Thanks,

Patina

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Please post your pom.xml

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events