How to get worklogs out of tempo?

user name March 6, 2014

Hello

Is there a way to get worklogs out from tempo via an API?

Eg: get logged hours for each day, between start and end date for user X.

edit: I've tried the tempo-getWorklogReport rest api, but that needs (?) a billing key as an input, which I don't have, and would like to avoid.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

That s right, Tempo worklogs are stored in the same table as JIRA so you will received all worklogs within the selected period.

1 vote
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2014

Hi

You don t need to add an Account (Billing key) as a parameter for using the Tempo API.

All reports can be exported to Excel directly from Tempo report view. This blog explains how you can export and pivot your data in excel
http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/pivoting-tempo-and-jira-reports-using-excel/

You can also use the Tempo API to export all data on a high level permissions as documented on this page:
http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/creating-excel-reports-using-high-level-permissions-api-export/

Hope this helps

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

user name March 9, 2014

What if I also have worklog data before tempo?

As far as I know tempo also stores worklog data into the jira worklog table.
Could I just create a JQL query to get worklogs out of the worklog table, and get both old jira worklog data, and new tempo worklog data at the same time?

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2014

Hi Marco,

the worklog attributes are stored in a Properties table and are not easily accessed as they are kept in XML format. Moving them to AO tables is in our backlog.

It is recommended that you use the Tempo servlet instead of accessing the tables directly. The information added to worklogs using the Worklog attributes are included in the XMl and the Excel export.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Pablo Gomez July 19, 2016

Hello @Susanne Götz [Tempo], is there any official documentation related with this topic?

I'm asking because i'm working on a project where we are extracting data from the JIRA Database and we are having dificulties in retriving tempo information.

I would appreciate your help.

Best Regards

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2016

Hi Pablo 

here is a link to the documentation of the servlet. 

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO080/Tempo+servlet+manual

Please note that this will export all worklogs for the given period, independent if they were logged in JIRA or Tempo, as the worklogs are stored in the same database table. It is possible to filter this export by adding the parameter projectKey=YOUR_PROJECT_KEY. This export includes also the worklog attributes if you are using any.

To get information about the worklog attributes (in Tempo Timesheets 8), please take a look at http://tempo.io/doc/core/api/rest/latest/. This is a private API and subject to change

Regards,

Susanne

Pablo Gomez July 20, 2016

Hello @Susanne Götz [Tempo] thank you for your quick reply. Reading your answer I assume that its still not possible to access this information through database? Is this correct?

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2016

We do not recommend accessing the database directly, but the tables for all installed plugins are listed in JIRA Administration, System, Advanced, Plugin Data Storage.

The Worklog attribute tables are listed in the Tempo Core section ( for Tempo Timesheets 8)

• AO_013613_WA_VALUE  and
  • AO_013613_WORK_ATTRIBUTE

The worklogs are stored in the JIRA worklogs table 

Like Rahul Savaikar likes this
0 votes
Marco Schauer May 22, 2014

Hello,
I've got an additional question:

It's easy to add custom fields to the Tempo Worklog. But I can't find them in de Jira worklog-table.
Can you tell me, where I can find them. We want to retrieve these Date to import them into our ERP system. We work with a SQL-Server database.

Thank You very much and
best regards

Marco Schauer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events