How to get the source code of jira in java since i have the source code compiled in c/c++ format?

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

i could get the downloaded source code of jira but all the files are mentioned as preprocessed c/c++ source. I am unable to view the files in eclipse. How can i read the files in readable format understood by eclipse IDE i.e. java format

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2014

Sorry, that's nonsense. Jira is written in Java. There's no source in C or C++

If you've downloaded the code (remember not to share it), then you've got a huge pile of Java, css, velocity, jsp, javascript and so-on. No c in sight.

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

i know that. But one of my colleague downloaded the source code and this what i got to see the type of file is listed as prepocessed c/c++ source. Probably i would have to recheck with him then.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

I think so, because it sounds like he has no idea what he's doing here.

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2014

My Mistake the source code was moved to a source control i didnt download the data properly so i could see the source control configuration files in c, c++.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events