Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Sprint Start Date and Sprint End Date for a particular project from JIRA database?

Tarun Arora November 16, 2013

If i understand correctly

projectversion-> This table gives the information about the different sprints for a praticular project.
AO_60DB71_SPRINT-> This table gives the information abount the start date and end date for a particular sprint but this table does not have the project id.

My question is how can i get the association between the above 2 tables.I need to get the start date and end Date for a particular sprint for a particular project ?

Regards
Tarun Arora

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Kannan S December 5, 2013

How about the ConfigurationService. did you manage to get it within the java code. If so please let me know the configuration in the pom.xml file

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

The projectversion table holds information about the versions (fix, affected versions) not the sprints (unless you use the version field to map sprints)

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

The table I use to look up the sprint info is called:

AO_60DB71_SPRINT

Cheers

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

This is because a sprint isn't restricted to a single project. A sprint can have stories assigned to it from multiple projects...

Tarun Arora November 17, 2013

AO_60DB71_SPRINT

This table gives the information abount the start date and end date for a particular sprint but this table does not have the project id

Tarun Arora November 26, 2013

Hi

Looks like using the Greenhopper plugin and the following query as attached

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18877/where-does-greenhopper-store-version-start-and-end-dates-in-the-underlying-database

,the result of this query returns the sprints associated with a project and the respective start and end dates for the respective sprint..

Looking at the query it expects the data to be present in the propertytext and

propertyentry table which i guess is done by the Greenhopper plugin is installed for that project...I have 2 questions :

a) How can i install the Greenhopper plugin for all the projects so that the data gets populated in the propertytext and propertyentry table?My understanding here is that installing the Greenhopper plugin for all the projects will populate the data in propertytext and propertyentry tables and subsequently using the above query will provide me the sprint start and end dates...Is my understanding correct here?

b) Is there a REST/SOAP service exposed to get the sprint start date and sprint end date if i provide the sprint id as a service argument as mentioned in the below url about the com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.configuration.ConfigurationService ?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/7912/getting-sprint-s-start-date-and-end-date-programatically

Regards

Tarun Arora

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013
Tarun Arora November 17, 2013

I have launched a new web application from JIRA.In the new screen i have a dropdown where i select a particular project.The moment i select a particular project there is another dropdown which gets populated with the different Sprint versions available for that project.now my requirement is that when i select a particular sprint id i should see the sprint related information of that sprint on my screen (Startdate,EndDate,releasedDate etc)...Inside my web application i want to avoid the depedency of atlassian classes...This is the reason i need this information from the jira database.

Is it possible to get this information from database?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events