Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get structure links programmatically?

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

I have few issues which are added to structure. Issue1 is the parent level issue in structure. Then i create the next child level issue say SubIssue1. This SubIssue1 has further subtasks SubTask1,SubTask2. I have to display the Issue1,SubIssue1,SubTask1,Subtask2 in the form of a tabular form in a table. I can get the PBI and subtasks displayed in a tabular format since they are directly linked. But how can i display the Issue1?Issue1 is added to the structure. So i need to get the structure links for it. What is the namepsace to include structure programming and how can i get the Issue1 details?

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

On checking the https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Structure+API+Versionsfound that even structure 8.2.0 is supported in JIRA 6.0 + versions. So changed the pom.xml to support structure 8.2.0 by adding the dependancy tags :

<dependency>
<groupId>com.almworks.jira.structure</groupId>
<artifactId>structure-api</artifactId>
<version>8.2.0</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

But even after running atlas-run i wasnt ableto get the namespace for structure. So in the same link there is 8.2.0 jar file available for download. So after downloading the file , add it to the project and then run

• atlas-mvn clean
  • atlas-mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse
  • atlas-run

Now after refreshing the IDE, one should be able to see all the import statements necessary for structure

1 vote
Igor Baltiyskiy February 13, 2014

Here's the documentation on Structure development: https://wiki.almworks.com/x/oYF7

In Structure parlance, the hierarchy data is called a Forest, so you'll need to obtain a Forest from StructureManager (see method getForest() in the API; javadocs for the latest version are here: http://almworks.com/structure/javadoc/latest/.)

0 votes
Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

I have added the dependancy for the strcuture in the pom.xml of my plugin and also added the component tag in atlassian. xml file but still when i try to import the structure packages i am unable to do so. Am i missing anything?

Igor Baltiyskiy February 16, 2014

Could you elaborate — is it the problem with the IDE (it doesn't recognize import statements that reference Structure classes) or is it a problem when you try to enable your plugin?

In the latter case, please attach the relevant portion of the logs (with full stacktrace.) Also, let's check that you are using the right API version — could you write the version of JIRA and Structure that you're using?

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

As given in the structuer doc what i did was

1) added dependancy tag in pom.xml

<dependency>
<groupId>com.almworks.jira.structure</groupId>
<artifactId>structure-api</artifactId>
<version>7.2.0</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

2) added this in atlassian.xml

<component-import key="applicationProperties" interface="com.atlassian.sal.api.ApplicationProperties"/>

JIRA version : JIRA 6.1.7 (6163)

Structure version : 2.6.0

the problem is i have to add some issues in structure plugin. i am developing a plugin. I need to check if an issue belongs to a structure then i need to get all its leaf nodes and display its estimates in a tabular format. In case no structure is defined then i need not do anything. Since i need to find the parent and leaf issues the only way is to find is if they belong to a structure and is yes then retrieve their links.

Now in coding in eclipse IDE i need to get the impor statement for structure by which i can code to get the above details. But inspite of adding the structure content in pom . xml and atlassian-plugin.xml i am unable to get the import statement for structure. Am i missing something??

Jayashree, you are importing the wrong API version which doesn't work with JIRA 6. You should be referring to this page for the right version, as recommended in the docs: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Structure+API+Versions

In your case, you need version 8.3.0.

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

i updated the version in pom.xml file and re-run the atlas-run command. it showed build successful. but when i tried for the import in eclipse IDE it didnt sow me.

This probably has to do with how you setup your IDE / Atlassain SDK. Please refer to Atlassian docs on this issue: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Set+Up+the+Eclipse+IDE+for+Windows

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

I added this in pom.xml

<plugin>
<groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-jira-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${amps.version}</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<instructions>
<Import-Package>
com.almworks.jira.structure*;version="[8.3,9)",
com.almworks.integers*;version="0",
org.jetbrains.annotations;version="0"
</Import-Package>
</instructions>
</configuration>
</plugin>

But if i include this the atlas-run option seems to be stuck. After running few commands this throws some exception. Do you have any idead if the above tags are necessary to be included for structure

The snippet above is not required for your plugin to work with Structure. It is helpful if you need to ensure that your plugin will fail immediately once you upgrade your Structure to a future version incompatible with the referenced API version.

However, it shouldn't prevent your plugin from running either. If you indeed have Structure 2.6 installed on the instance of JIRA that you run via atlas-run, everything should be fine. Also, it would help if you specify the exact exception stacktrace.

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2014

Hi Igor. I cross checked once again and i have installed the same version for structure and jira as i mentioned before. The plugin gets loaded and is visible in the JIRA page. But when i try to add the com.almworks.jira.structure namespace i am not getting any such namespace. It seems the jar fiel isnt downloaded? But i am not getting errors too when i run atlas-run command.

0 votes
Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

@Igor- Thanks

@Onkar- Thanks Onkar. I was looking more at development of structure plugin.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2014
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

The Links Hierarchy REPORTS has been discontinued and it has been "replaced" (?) and overcome by the Links Hierarchy add-on which works with regular JIRA links.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events