Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get space with category using Confluence REST API?

Zubaidullou November 24, 2014

Hi,

I'm using REST API of confluence and successfully got page content, body etc.

• Problem is, I can't get Space category. I could get (key, name, type, desc. etc) but no information about in which category it is.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

Hi Zubaidullo,

The only one I could see that returned the space labels is the spacedirectory/1/search method (which is private, but still accessible, although I'm not sure if it's accessible from Connect).  The only problem is that there is no built-in way to filter by space key, so as long as you don't have too many spaces I would just get them all and loop through them to get the one you need (there is a query parameter, but it searches name and description, not key).

https://<your Confluence>/rest/spacedirectory/1/search?type=global

should do the trick.  You should install the REST API Browser; that would make finding API calls much easier.

Zubaidullou November 25, 2014

Thank you, Stephen. It was useful information and I got what I needed. )) There is something about category and it's enough.

0 votes
Francis Woon February 27, 2017

To add on, for those of you who are having problems getting > 50 spaces, try this:

https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/developer-tools/using-the-rest-api-browser#UsingtheRESTAPIBrowser-UsingtheRESTAPIBrowserlocally

Then search for spacedirectory/1/search

The parameter starts from 0....it will return you a maximum result of 50 ( 0 ~ 49)

Thus to get 51 or index 50 onwards simply:

/rest/spacedirectory/1/search?startIndex=0&type=global

/rest/spacedirectory/1/search?startIndex=50&type=global

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events