cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force use os specific agent in Bamboo

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2011

Does anybody know how to force use of specific agents. In teamcity each build project was assigned to specific build agents.

How can you do that in bamboo? Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2011

You can define an agent capability operating_system and then make it a requirement in your plans.

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2011

i will have to look into that however, what if my operating system is the same on all my machines. How do I distinguish just the one i want.

Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2011

You can define a custom capability, no matter whether it's operating_system or agent_x. You can then create a requirement on the Job for agent_x, which will ensure that this Job only runs on agent_x.

You can find more information about how to get started with capabilities in our documentation under:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+Capabilities

Cheers,

Jens

Dennis Ryan September 21, 2011

If you wanted to restrict an agent to one capability, wouldn't you then need to assign different capabilities to the other agents?

0 votes
ReneR
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2011

@staggerlee is correct. In other to create a true 'intersection' in Bamboo, you do have to create a set of desired and undesired capabilities and set them accordingly on all agents. If you can be more relaxed in your requirement then adding a custom capability on an agent that a plan depends on will ensure that plan always builds on that agent. However, you might have to wait behind some other plan that meets some subset of the agents requirements before the agent is free and you can build.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-3491

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events