It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to export issues to csv file programmatically?

lexandra Jun 23, 2015

I need to get "in progress" issues and export it to cvs file (background service).

How can i do it programmatically?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 23, 2015

You'll need to write a report or issue view for the navigator that will iterate over your search and spit out a line of CSV for each issue and present it to the user

Or, you could take the easier route and don't re-invent the wheel.  Go to the navigator, get the results you want and click "export to excel".  This gives you a generic spreadsheet which all spreadsheet programs can easily "save as CSV".

If you need to automate it, you can actually save the filter you want to use and hit the url (with curl or something) for the download whenever you need it.

Administrador Portal Jul 20, 2018

hello, 

I can do the same in Cloud? you know? Cause I've problems to do in cloud automatically.  

sneha priya Aug 01, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] 

What do u mean by writing a report or issue view. Can you please elaborate.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Aug 01, 2018

That answer was made nearly 4 years ago, before Atlassian added a CSV export to the issue navigator (replacing the Excel one).  You don't have to do anything now, just use it (although before, you still should just have used Excel and "save as")

At that time, the answer meant what it said.  If you want additional export routes, you need to write reports or views to provide them.  I'm not sure how else to explain it.

sneha priya Aug 01, 2018

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

I got it . Thanks :)

You can use getIssueList from JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) to generate a CSV file from a JQL query.

lexandra Jun 25, 2015

Thanks Bob, seems it works

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Statuspage

⭐️Would you recommend Statuspage? Leave a (honest!) review. ⭐️

Hi Community friends, We're working on sourcing more reviews on Capterra – a popular software review site –  to help teams like yours make more informed decisions when choosing an inc...

32 views 2 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you