Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export issues to csv file programmatically?

lexandra June 23, 2015

I need to get "in progress" issues and export it to cvs file (background service).

How can i do it programmatically?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

You can use getIssueList from JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) to generate a CSV file from a JQL query.

lexandra June 25, 2015

Thanks Bob, seems it works

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2015

You'll need to write a report or issue view for the navigator that will iterate over your search and spit out a line of CSV for each issue and present it to the user

Or, you could take the easier route and don't re-invent the wheel.  Go to the navigator, get the results you want and click "export to excel".  This gives you a generic spreadsheet which all spreadsheet programs can easily "save as CSV".

If you need to automate it, you can actually save the filter you want to use and hit the url (with curl or something) for the download whenever you need it.

admin July 20, 2018

hello, 

I can do the same in Cloud? you know? Cause I've problems to do in cloud automatically.  

sneha priya August 1, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

What do u mean by writing a report or issue view. Can you please elaborate.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2018

That answer was made nearly 4 years ago, before Atlassian added a CSV export to the issue navigator (replacing the Excel one).  You don't have to do anything now, just use it (although before, you still should just have used Excel and "save as")

At that time, the answer meant what it said.  If you want additional export routes, you need to write reports or views to provide them.  I'm not sure how else to explain it.

sneha priya August 1, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

I got it . Thanks :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events