Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export Cucumber .feature files from Xray to be executed externally using tagged hooks (like before & after methods) at the same time?

Easyman123 August 30, 2016

Hi,

I want my test scenarios to run against different browsers.

Therefore I use tags and hooks to organise the webdriver management for example to set the system properties for various drivers, to include the correct webdriver, to open the browser, ...

In other words I use tagged hooks to define what @Before and @After blocks get run for what scenarios.

Is there any possibility to combine this functionality with the export from cucumber feature files from Xray?

The problem is that these Before & After hooks have to be identified with tags in terms of implementation and the tags are placed on top of the scenarios in the feature files but with Xray there is no option to enter them.

Instead of the tag(s) the test issue key which identifies the scenario is exported to exactly the same position where I want my tags to be.

Are there any ideas how to add tagged hooks to the cucumber feature to the appropriate position on top of the scenarios in Xray?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Easyman123 September 2, 2016

And also I want to use Cucumber Background to roll out all the Given Steps and to run common Steps before Scenarios actually start. And therefore I Need to write the Background Steps on top of all my Scenarios, because they run for every single Scenario in the Cucumber Feature File.

But Xray Plugin doesnt provide any Options to enter something before the Scenario:

Why do the Support and the provided possibilities for the Export from Cucumber Feature Files from Xray to another extern Location is that poor?

0 votes
Easyman123 August 30, 2016

Hi again,

what I want to have after export of Cucumber .feature file from Xray is this:

Feature: TestTestTest

@XCTP-54 @Firefox               --> needed "Tag" to run test against different browsers
   Scenario: TestTestTest
      Given I am there
      When I do this
      And I do that
      Then I should get this
      And I should be there

The result I already get when I type in the tags into the scenario input field is the following:

Feature: TestTestTest

@XCTP-54                               --> Test Issue Key
   Scenario: TestTestTest

@Firefox
      Given I am there
      When I do this
      And I do that
      Then I should get this
      And I should be there

But this kind of Cucumber feature is not executable since the tags are in the wrong place above the steps.

Furthermore I can not find options where to enter tags in Xray and additionally the scenario description depends on the feature name in Xray and the scenario type is to select by the user which means there is so far no visible possibility for me to add tags to my scenario.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events