Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable pop-up option for editing an existing issue in JIRA 5.1

Mani Chellamuthu August 22, 2012

Hi All,

In JIRA 5.1, while editing an issue by clicking "Edit" button then a pop-up window is coming. How to revert to old style of editing an issue instead of pop-up window.

My requirement is,

While editing any existing issue, pop-up window provides editable IssueType and Project which I need to disable it. Since I don't want user to change issue type or project after creating it.

This has been implemented in Jira 4.4.3.

Thanks,

Mani

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

And Mani, changing to old style wont solve the problem unless you do what Nic suggested. And to edit in old style, you can right click the Edit button and open in new tab.

Mani Chellamuthu September 7, 2012

Renjith, I did as suggested by Nic, didn't help, still issue type displayed on edit issue page.

Anything else would help to hide it?

0 votes
Felipe Reis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

Not sure you can do that. But JIRA 5 has a nice inline edit feature. You just have to click on the field and it allows editing.

Cheers!

Mani Chellamuthu September 3, 2012

Thanks for your time to look at this question.

In-line edit feature can be enabled/disabled in Admin. My problem is, while editing any issue, pop-up window provides editable IssueType and Project which I need to disable it. Since I don't want user to change issue type or project after creating it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

Try removing the "move" permission from the users in the project, and using an "edit" screen that doesn't have issue type or project on it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events