Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable issue cloning in JIRA

THOMAS SEBASTIAN September 30, 2014

I know this question has been asked a few times here however the suggested solutions do not work for us.  We've been trying to use the Workflow Properties to restrict access to cloning however it doesn't seem to recognize the command.  The properties that we've used so far:

• jira.permission.create.clone = denied
  • jira.permission.clone.denied

We found that other properties are working, which means we just don't know what is the correct command to disable cloning.  The documentation in here is really short and doesn't offer you the complete list of permission types.

We also have tried the javascript but it doesn't seem to work either.  We are currently using JIRA 5.1.5 and only want to restrict the access to cloning for certain projects only.  

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Jennifer H. December 9, 2014

The below property key worked for me (no property value): 

jira.permission.create.clone.denied

(Make sure you add this to the workflow step and not the workflow transition.. this also tripped me up). 

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2015

What version are you using? That didn't work for me.

0 votes
Pandora Atlassian Administrator January 5, 2015

This worked for me in both 6.2.1 and 6.3.12. 

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014
THOMAS SEBASTIAN September 30, 2014

Thanks for the reply but the solution suggested there will disable the Clone function in JIRA completely. What we are after is only disabled for specific projects but still available for the rest of the projects.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2014

AFAIK, that is not possible. There is no "clone issue permission".

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events