Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define default resolution to step or status

krasalexander January 10, 2013

I have several workflows with lots of transitions between more than 10 steps\statuses.

I use only two resolutions: "Resolved" and "Unresolved".

At the moment I change step resolutions with help of post functions of the transition. But it is too complicated (to much time is spent on post functions setting), - maybe there are ways to define default resolution for the step\status, and if I don't change resolution in the transitions post function.

I tried to investigate step properties (such like jira.field.resolution.include), but it doesn't give me ability to define it, and in addition I'm not sure that it's the right way!

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

I didn't completely get the point. If you need to set a fixed resolution, isn't sufficient that it is set using a post function?

Yes, I can do it, but I have lots of various transitions... and it will take a lot of time to set for all this transitions resolution post functions.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Setting default transition is at system level, so I guess you are left with the option to actually set it in custom fields :(

0 votes
Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

For what i read you are trying to set these two resolution dinamically?. I guess you can set a resolution value as default on the Administration site.

I'll try it again, but I didn't fine such property on global status settings...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events