How to customize the JIRA Login Screen (Not the Login Gadget)

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

I am familiar with this KB article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-customize-the-login-gadget-225122084.html

However, that's not what I'm asking here.

In JIRA 7.1.8, there are two login screens:

1. Login Gadget
    1. This gadget is used by the System Dashboard and appears to the right of the Introduction gadget
  2. Login Screen
    1. This page just asks for your username/password.

How do I customize the login screen?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2016

Hey Philip,

You will have to modify the jsp file in your JIRA install.

<INSTALL FOLDER>/atlassian-jira/includes folder contains loginpage.jsp and loginform.jsp

Take a look at the above files. Please note, this is not recommended as you will have to make this change every time you upgrade JIRA to a newer version.

Cheers

Bhushan

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2016

Right. And we know. The problem that we're having is that changes to loginform.jsp aren't reflected in JIRA even after a restart. We believe the precompiled versions of the JSP files are being stored in Tomcat's cache and aren't being updated whenever we make a change like this.

Paul Wolf August 10, 2016

@Bhushan Nagaraj, I'm running into the same issue.  Can you comment here and/or in the KB article mentioned above on how to make changes to loginpage.jsp and loginform.jsp take effect?  Thanks.

clementinebuschtetz January 31, 2017

I am having the same issue as well, would love to have some answers/inputs on this.

Radoslav Hristov February 27, 2017

Hello all,

Same issue for me .Changes in above mentioned files are not reflecting Jira. My only wish is to change "Can't access your account?" button to redirect to Crowd.

François Manchon April 25, 2017

No need to restart Jira.  You need to delete the files called login_jsp.* located in <Jira installation directory>/work/Catalina/localhost/_/org/apache/jsp

Michael Barton July 17, 2018

So, that folder doesn't exist, I can go to <Jira installation directory>/work/Catalina/localhost/ROOT, and there's nothing else in that folder.

How do any of you go about flushing the jsp files?

Cheers.

Deleted user July 30, 2018

Hi I too have this problem and cannot find any cached files to delete.  I deleted the loginform*jsp*class files but this also did not help.

Has anyone been successful with this?

Cheers

Michael Barton August 20, 2018

Hi,

I was successful with this.

It seems that there's some editing of a file required which tells JIRA to recompile the JSP files (that have been altered).

To do that, follow these steps: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-add-or-modify-JSP-with-JIRA-7/qaq-p/501419

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michael Barton

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events