Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize default theme to have "Documentation Theme" side bar?

Brian Chiosi April 18, 2013

I would like to have the flexability of the default theme, which the side bar from the documentation theme.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

I would just wait for Atlassian to come up with a solution for Confluence 5.x, since they already annouced, that they are going to merge those two themes in the near future. But if you are in for challenge, create our own custom theme based on the default theme and grap the sources for the documentation theme and extract the sidebar stuff from it.

The main problem is, that the doc-theme has several positioned panes. If the content is larger than the pane you just scroll within this pane due to auto overflow. This will not work for the default-theme as you have only one pane and it is not positioned anymore. The container height therefore will be as height as the content and this leads to problems because one time the content is larger than the pagetree and vice-versa. This can be fixed by using a table element as a container, although this is semantically incorrect. Still you will face the problem, that you can expand the pagetree after the page is loaded and sometimes the container will not expand and the pagetree gets cut off. I have not been able to complete fix this yet and I will also wait to see what Atlassian comes up with.

Brian Chiosi April 19, 2013

Yeah, I saw the announcement.

Was just wondering if there was/is an easy way.

Thanks for the info,

Brian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events