Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a report in eazybi wherein we can get all issues that passed in a certain transition in a particular date?

Christian Michael Arizala August 7, 2014

Hi,

We want to create a report wherein we can get all issues that passed through a certain transition. Is there a dimension or code where we can capture it. We plan to get the value in the dimension but we dont know how because in history in jira we can see issues that passed through a certain transition. How can we do it? Please help

Thanks

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Hi Christian!

To analyze history of issue transitions you would need to select Import of status transitions in Source data import options, if you have not done so yet. This will create additional measures and dimensions that you can use to create reports with historical issue Transition statuses or Transition assignees, please see example here.

Please also see an example report where I have bookmarked and use only Transition status 'Reopened' to see which issues and how many times have 'Transitioned to' this status in selected Time periods.

Let me know if you have additional questions! You can also contact me directly at support@eazybi.com

Kind regards,
Lauma

Christian Michael Arizala August 10, 2014

Hi Lauma,

I will try this one. I have a question how to filter issues that are created during June 07 2014? And if I have question I will ask right away coz I need to create different kinds of report in jira using eazybi.

Thanks

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

To get Issues created on certain date you can use 'Issues created' measure as combined with Time dimension it groups issues by their creation date.

For example with Issue dimension on rows and measure 'Issues created' on columns and Time dimension on Pages with the Date selected you would see number of issues created on that date.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Christian Michael Arizala August 11, 2014

Hi Lauma,

Why is the dimension transition status empty? As you said that this contains history of issues meaning all issues that passed through a certain transition must be counted here. Why is my result empty? Please help.

Thanks

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

Hi Christian,

The Transition Status dimension must be used with one of the Measures that counts 'Transitions to status' or 'Transitions from status'.

See in the example https://eazybi.com/accounts/1632/cubes/Issues#report/test%20Issue%20reopened%20countwhere 'Transitions to status' is used to count how many times issues have transitioned to one of the Transition Statuses.

If adding one of Transition statuses Measure does not help with creating the report you wish, could you please send me a screenshot of your report to support@eazybi.comso I can better assist with report creation.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Christian Michael Arizala August 12, 2014

Hi Lauma,

I have another question, we have a time dimension and we want to 3 create calculated member wherein i have month, year and quarter. We want to use it as filter in page. Since I drag the time in the pages and use it. So when I choose the calculated member year and then select the quarter calculated member only 4 options will be selected and then only 3 months will be chosen in the chosen quarter. For example, I choose 2014 in the dropdown and then when I look for the option in the quarter field I will only see Qtr1 2014, Qtr2 2014 and so on and then when i choose Qtr1 in my option I can only see the month of January, February and March. How can I create that for my report? Please help

Thanks

Christian Michael Arizala August 12, 2014

Hi Lauma,

Another question we have a property define for each user in our jira. How can we use the property in our eazybi? For example our project manager have a property key named as IJR IT Group Name and Key which is SDI DS. How do we do it? Please help. Thanks

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2014

Hi Christian!

Regarding your first question - would you like to have only some limited year and it's quarters displayed? E.g. only show current year?
Currently Time dimension default hierarchy is in All Times / Year / Quarter / Month / Day levels.

Please let me know if there is some other way you would like to limit what time period is shown in Page.

JIRA user properties currently are not imported to eazyBI. It would be possible to select this property from JIRA database with SQL select and import as additional measure to one of user dimensions.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Christian Michael Arizala August 13, 2014

Hi Lauma,

Sorry for late response I already fix the date. And I will try your suggestion about getting the property. I have another question, how can I fiter that status should not include Request Completed?

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

Where do you have the Status dimension?

If Status dimension is on rows or columns you can click on any of statuses and remove the one you do not wish to see.

Another option would be to create some calculated member that would Filter statuses and leave only the ones you are interested in. Please let me know more details of your report so I can better assist you.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Christian Michael Arizala August 14, 2014

Hi Lauma,

The status dimension is in column. I have another question. I have a report wherein I have all issues in jira reported by each department which is 118. And I create another report which I have all project managers that handles all each issues reported by users in jira. I have a problem when I drill down the project managers with their status it includes issues which are completed I want to exclude them when drilling down in my project managers. I try to exclude the status request completed but it does not tally with my first report. It counts only 115. This is my dimension project managers code:

Aggregate({[Project Manager].[Amadeo G. Buenafe],

[Project Manager].[Art J. Nifras], [Project Manager].[Chris D. Aranda],

[Project Manager].[John A. Antonio], [Project Manager].[Martin A. Lituanas],

[Project Manager].[Manny de Jesus], [Project Manager].[Raymund P. Malaya],

[Project Manager].[Ricky R. Redor], [Project Manager].[Rowena T. Cheng],

[Project Manager].[Salvador V. Iriola], [Project Manager].[Rufelita A. Guerrero]}).

I want to exclude in here issues which have a status of completed. And I want to include the status request completed them in my row none which dont have project managers yet so that it tallies with my report. Please help

Thanks

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Hi Christian!

To better understand what report you have created and what would be necessary changes could you please send me a screenshot of your report as well as report definition to support@eazybi.com?

Kind regards,
Lauma

Christian Michael Arizala August 17, 2014

Hi Lauma,

Did you receive any mail from Sir Eric anier because we need help with the report definition he just send.

Thanks

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Hi Christian!

A moment ago I replied to an e-mail from Sir Eric M Anier about how to get Issue sub-task statues.
I have not received another mail. If you sent another one, could you please re-send it.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Christian Michael Arizala August 17, 2014

Hi Lauma,

Could you explain this to me? The one that you send to my senior developer.

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Issue status] = 'Development' AND
  NOT isEmpty([Measures].[Issue sub-task keys])
THEN
Generate(
  NonemptyCrossjoin([Issue].[Issue].getMembersByKeys(
    [Issue].CurrentMember.get('Sub-task keys')
  ), [Status].[Status].Members),
  [Status].CurrentMember.Name,
  ','
)
ELSE [Measures].[Issue status]
END

How can I use this code to make a report that I needed? 
Because we have a parent issue that have a status of "PM Reviewing" 
and we want to do see what is the status of the subtask of the "PM Reviewing" 
and when a user drill down we can see which issues are for Development, 
For UAT, For UAC and so on. We want to only show the subtask status. 

Thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events