Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compile and deploy the changes made on JIRA plugin using IDEA InteliJ IDE instead of maven/command line?

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Every time I need to run atlas-run -v 4.4 command to have a JIRA instance and installed plugin, it is time consuming!, can I just make changes via IDE InteliJ IDEA and build the JIRA instance without using command line for maven batch files?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Two things you want to look at

1. atlas-cli command along with the pi (Plugin install) command - If you run a atlas-cli instance alongside your atlas-run yo can just do 'pi' commands to install the latest build. It is quite fast

2. FastDev. This is a new system built into the atlas-sdk. For things like servlets etc.. it picks up if you have changed anything and hitting Ctrl-Refresh etc.. will deploy a new build automatically for you.

If you are running atlas-run each time you want to deploy your plugin, yeah, that is slow and not the right way :)

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

Can you have examples URL please to the mentioned commands?

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

Is there a way I can start jira and local-tomcat ?without atlas-run, Im facing problem each time I close the command batch execution JIRA get shutdown and can not start it without atlas-run which takes a long time

Sam Huawey July 20, 2015

1. Atlas-cli and pi does not deploy tests 2. FastDev does not work on some configurations, it hangs up at Waiting for commands (it is a known issue in atlassian jira).

0 votes
David Lemon April 27, 2013

@ wajdhaikal-

Well Jira has its inbuilt Tomcat. you have no other choice than to use the run command to use the jira. Jira is a very huge package with lots of dependency and library base. on windows it taks a bit time to start.

your copy of jira could have been crashed so i recommend to download a fresh version of sdk and use it your problem will be solved..

0 votes
David Lemon April 27, 2013

Use the MVn command as follows for the faster plugin development:

1) atlas-compile.

2)atlas-unit-test [you may skip if you feel].

3) atlas-package.

after these 3 command gets successfully run. upload the built plugin into your jira from the Adminstrator UI.

Your will feel travelling from a ferari this time if it was a bullock cart before :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events