Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign an Assignee using Service desk API

pradeep raju June 13, 2016

Hi,

We are using servicedesk api to create Issues, What we want to do is assign that issue to a person while creating the issue.

Can we set Assignee through API? If yes, can you provide me an example and right documentation.

Thank You,

Pradeep Datla.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

Since JIRA Service Desk extends the existing Assignee capabilities, I believe you would use the JIRA platform API instead of the Service Desk API. You can use the /issue/ endpoint.

The documentation for this is listed here – https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#api/2/issue

PUT jira.com/rest/api/2/issue/ABC-123/assignee
{ "name": "steve" }
pradeep raju June 13, 2016

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for the the quick response.

Does it mean that i cannot use servicedesk API if have to assign the issue to a person?

Thank You.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

I think Steven is saying that JIRA Service Desk API is essentially an extension of the JIRA Platform API. 

Issue assignment is a platform function which JIRA Service Desk uses. So you use the JIRA Platform API to assign someone to an issue, whether its an issue created in JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Software or JIRA Core.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

Thanks Chris. 

pradeep raju June 15, 2016

Thank You Chris,Steven for valuable input

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2016

No problem pradeep, good luck! Feel free to mark my answer as correct, it gives me karma smile

image2016-6-15 13:40:22.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events