How to appear project-single-select on transition screen

Markos Stefanou January 11, 2017

Hello there,

I am currently working on creating an escalation process for our Support Department (using JIRA CORE) because we want to use security level on customer care's project. That means , that i must ensure that user will escalate his issue to another project & issue type.

So, i created a transition "escalate" with post function "Create Issue" . On transition, i added a screen that i would like to choose the project and issue type for the new issue. 

When i add "Issue Type" field on screen configuration , the field gives me 4 options only (Task, Bug, Improvement, New Feature) . 

So the question is this: 

1. Can I appear somehow the "Project" field (project-single-select) like the create screen automatically has, 
  2. if not, can i add more issue types on issuetype-single-select field? 

I'm struggling with this many days now and I haven't found anything helpful.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

1) No.

Project is not a "field", it's a structural indication of the project the issue belongs to.  You can't just change it, you have to actively move the issue to another project.  A lot of configuration depends on the project (and more on the issue type in the project), so when you move, JIRA has to check and often update the issue to match any differing configuration.

It's the same principle for issue type.

2) Yes

You can have any number of issue types in a project.  They are still structural, but you can treat it as though it's a field in some cases - if the configuration of one issue type is the same as another.  Let's say you have "bug", "feature" and "improvement" issue types in a project.  "Bug" and "Feature" have the same fields, but "improvement" does not need the version fields or "how to replicate" field.  You will be able to use edit to change an issue between bug and feature.  But not improvement.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events