How to add new web page in jira plugin

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

i have created a plugin project and want to add a new web page and link it with created custom menu.

can any one share me how it could be achievable.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

Add a servlet and put the link in your web-item to your servlet https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Servlet+Plugin+Module

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

when do i have to use "Servlet" and "Webwork+plugin+module"

both will use to achieve same ?

I just want to create a configuration screen under administartor (which will have a user's textbox and save/cancel button) which can open through "Plugins>>"configuration(new added menu link)".

thank you

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Read https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/58745/webwork-action-vs-servlet-and-other-plugin-admin-ui-questions

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Going through that tutorial link given in your comment.

Actually, suddenly got below error when opening jira in browser.

JIRA Startup Failed

You cannot access JIRA at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons

Description

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

• Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
  • Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
  • Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)

why it could happen , any idea ?

now, executiong atlas-clean and will reexecute, hopefully, it would resolve .

Steve Daniels February 5, 2013

Dhaval,

In response to your problems starting JIRA up, you might be using Java 1.7. I believe the SDK is currently having issues with 1.7 so it might be worth trying 1.6.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

thanks all for your comments.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Creating+an+Admin+Configuration+Form

helps me to create servlet provided in your given link.

0 votes
dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Yes, right. my apologies for this, posted duplicate to get focus. Thank you.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

Also dhaval, please do not post duplicate questions. Thank you.

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

There it is: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Webwork+plugin+module

Note the alias attribute. That'll be your .jspa page. If you have alias="MyPage", you can access it from /MyPage.jspa

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

I've already added web item and web section. but don't know how to add a JSP page.

can you please point me there ?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events