Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to add an OAuth consumer to Stash?

In Bitbucket there is a button "Add consumer". After typing in a name and a link I get an OAuth key & secret. Very easy & intuitive. Where can I do the same in Stash? 

I would like to implement a "Login with Stash" button for VersionEye Enterprise. I didn't thought it would be so different from BitBucket. But it is. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Robert, this doc explain how you can configure OAuth authentication with an external application for JIRA, the steps are basically the same for Stash.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Hi Tiego. Many Thanks for the fast response. That helps me. Many Thanks for the link. 

What was the decision to make it so complicated? I mean adding a OAuth consumer on GitHub Enterprise or Bitbucket is super easy. Why not on Stash? These whole AppLink thing might be good to link Atlassian Products under each other, but for 3rd party apps it's a pain in the ass and not intuitive at all. 

I mean I had to google for it and I had to open a ticket to find the OAuth mask in Stash. That's not very developer friendly. I'm pretty sure there would be more 3rd party apps for Stash if adding an OAuth consumer would be as easy as it is on BitBucket.

Roger Barnes Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2014

Hi Robert. Because the OAuth was originally designed for use with cross-product Applinks it is unfortunately not as 3rd-party friendly as we would like. We plan to address this at some point.

Thanks for the answer. The OAuth dance works for me now. Would be nice if it would work the same way as it does on BitBucket.

The OAuth dance works now. But now I have another issue. How do I retrieve the user to the OAuth token? I created a new ticket for that here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9385902/how-to-fetch-the-user-to-an-oauth-token-in-stash-

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

124 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you