How to add a menu to top navigation in Confluence?

Kirill Menke January 8, 2017

I would like to add a new dropdown menue to the header of confluence, but can't find the right solution. in JIRA it works without problems, as I can set the location to "system.top.navigation.bar":

<web-section name="mySection" i18n-name-key="my-section.name" key="my-section" location="my-item-link" weight="1000">
    <description key="my-section.description">The mySection Plugin</description>
  </web-section>
  <web-item name="myItem" i18n-name-key="my-item.name" key="my-item" section="system.top.navigation.bar" weight="1000">
    <description key="my-item.description">The myItem Plugin</description>
    <label key="TeamBank-Hilfe"/>
    <link linkId="my-item-link"/>
  </web-item>

Is there an equivalent to this in confluence? I already tried to set "system.header/left" for location, but it will only display the very first item and not the dropdown menu. I want to avoid jQuery/JavaScript and manage this problem just by editing the atlassian-plugin.xml.

This is an example what it should look like:

confluencemenu.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2017

You will be surprised but it's not supported in Confluence. JavaScript tricks is the only way.

Kirill Menke January 8, 2017

Do you have a simple JavaScript code, which contains the structure of the drop down menu? So I can try to modify it for my purposes.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2017

Never did it. Actually wanted to add a menu with sub-menus once but re-designed when found that it's not supported.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events