Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access jql page in jira

RJ MILIND October 31, 2015

Hi all,
I want access JQL page resource(context).
want to put Button on Search For Issue Page (as per below URL).
http://localhost:2990/jira/issues/?jql=

How do put button on that page and get JQL Query what user have fire.

Thank you very much in advance.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2015

Right, so it's nothing to do with "access jql page". 

The short answer is now that you're looking in the wrong place.  Instead of hacking at a core file that provides a view, you should be writing an add-on that is designed to insert a new "view".

If you look across the options at the top, you'll find things like "export to excel" and "xml view" which are all implemented as add-ons which say "here's a new link and when they click on it, I'll pass your code a list of issues they want to work with".  You can probably see that this is going to be a bit easier than "hack a load of core code which we then need to re-hack into any upgrades, write swathes of java to re-run the search we already ran, and then provide a way to get at it all"

See the proper way to do this at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons/jira-plugins2-overview/jira-plugin-module-types/search-request-view-plugin-module

0 votes
RJ MILIND November 1, 2015

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] ya I know that is only used for search an issue.

but after a user search issues, if User will click on that button I want to put some process, which is not related to search something issues, I only need JQL query. and that is my plugin requirement, so can you please say me how to put a button on JQL page

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2015

I can't - I don't understand the requirment. You want a search button added to a search screen. If you click it, it sounds like it needs to, um, take the user to a search screen. Which they are already on.

Anand Dandikar November 1, 2015

Hi Nic, We are trying to add a custom button besides "Save as" on Jira's Issue Navigator to trigger custom events, such as sending query result as email to a set of users. The issue navigator URL looks like https://jira.mscsoftware.com/issues/?jql=. What we would like to know from you is the source file that's used to pull up Issue Navigator page, so that we are able to modify the source file that renders the Issue Navigator. Thanks & Regards, Anand Dandikar

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2015

I'm confused, if you're on the "search for issue" page, then what do you need a button for?  The user is in a place where they can, well, search for what they want.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events