cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add User Home Page using XML RPC and UWC

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012

As an administrator user, is there a way to create another user's home page from within the UWC?

I imagine this would be done using XML RPC, just don't know what the commands would be.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

What I ended up doing was modifying the source code for the UWC to set the page's "isPersonalSpace" property to TRUE. Once this was done, the built-in XML RPC knew what to do to create/update the personal space for each user.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2012

Contact info@appfusions.com for UWC or other Confluence development support.

Best,

Ellen

0 votes
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2012

This got me really close to the solution.

I am able to create a personal space for a user, but am not able to upload a page into the new personal space.

Here's the error I receive:

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.confluence.rpc.RemoteException: You're not allowed to view that page, or it does not exist.
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeException(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:104)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeResponse(XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.java:71)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:73)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:194)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:185)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:178)
	at biz.artemis.confluence.xmlrpcwrapper.RemoteWikiBroker.getPageSummary(RemoteWikiBroker.java:818)
	at biz.artemis.confluence.xmlrpcwrapper.RemoteWikiBroker.storeNewOrUpdatePage(RemoteWikiBroker.java:276)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.ConverterEngine.sendPage(ConverterEngine.java:1745)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.ConverterEngine.sendPage(ConverterEngine.java:1862)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.ConverterEngine.sendPage(ConverterEngine.java:1623)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.ConverterEngine.writePages(ConverterEngine.java:1253)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.ConverterEngine.convert(ConverterEngine.java:416)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.ConverterEngine.convert(ConverterEngine.java:210)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.UWCCommandLineInterface.convert(UWCCommandLineInterface.java:175)
	at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.UWCCommandLineInterface.main(UWCCommandLineInterface.java:55)

0 votes
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2012

Looks like I may have found my answer here:

http://docs.atlassian.com/com/atlassian/confluence/atlassian-confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/rpc/xmlrpc/ConfluenceXmlRpcHandlerImpl.html

I'm gonna leave this around though in case anyone has anything else to add (code snippets would be awesome!) :)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events