Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should bitbucket sync take between mirrors?

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Our organization has recently set up a Bitbucket Data Center instance with 2 nodes, and 2 mirrors.

Users are reporting ~11 minute delays when pushing a branch to the master server before the equivalent refs are being created in the mirror.

The logs are not showing any errors, I cannot find anywhere that I can adjust timings, and the documentation only states that changes are sync'ed "Periodically". Does anyone know what the expected timing is?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2017

11 minutes sounds like a long time to fetch the new refs. Mirrors receive a webhook from the primary when there are changes they need to fetch, so the updates should be much faster. 

There's a synchronization job that runs every 15 minutes by default just in case a webhook was dropped or lost.
It sounds like your mirrors may not be receiving webhooks for some reason.

I recommend you open a support case and mention this question, so we can help you debug this issue further.

dushyanth hk August 9, 2018

You need to change the default value in properties file "plugin.mirroring.synchronization.interval" to lesser time.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-config-properties-776640155.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events