It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How long should bitbucket sync take between mirrors?

Jeff Tillett Community Leader Mar 06, 2017

Our organization has recently set up a Bitbucket Data Center instance with 2 nodes, and 2 mirrors.

Users are reporting ~11 minute delays when pushing a branch to the master server before the equivalent refs are being created in the mirror.

The logs are not showing any errors, I cannot find anywhere that I can adjust timings, and the documentation only states that changes are sync'ed "Periodically". Does anyone know what the expected timing is?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix Haehnel Atlassian Team Mar 06, 2017

11 minutes sounds like a long time to fetch the new refs. Mirrors receive a webhook from the primary when there are changes they need to fetch, so the updates should be much faster. 

There's a synchronization job that runs every 15 minutes by default just in case a webhook was dropped or lost.
It sounds like your mirrors may not be receiving webhooks for some reason.

I recommend you open a support case and mention this question, so we can help you debug this issue further.

dushyanth hk Aug 09, 2018

You need to change the default value in properties file "plugin.mirroring.synchronization.interval" to lesser time.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-config-properties-776640155.html

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Disney Live Action Reboots: Are you for or against?

Happy Friday Everyone! Today marks the international release of Disney's live action version of the animated classic Aladdin. I know that this movie was met with some controversy of over cast...

186 views 21 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you