Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does rotating content works?

Glady James February 26, 2016
  1. Where does the image gets rendered in rotating content? While using the Trial version - Hero Content, I was able to see the rotating content, and while trying to edit the same with other images I found that the source of Image was missing in rotating content.
  2. How does the image gets linked with rotating content?
  3. How to show up text upon rotating content (like the Hero Content - rotating content.)

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Maggie Modersohn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

Hi James,

Before I go into details, I'd like to point you to this knowledge base article around the Rotate Content macro: http://help.brikit.com/display/PRESS/Theme+Press+Article+-+Rotate+Content

Now regarding your questions:

1. The Rotate Content macro rotates content from a source page. That page is referenced in the Page Title parameter in the macro. So to create new content to be used in a rotator, you need to first create a new page. The macro rotates either the content of the blocks (you need more than one block on the page, otherwise it cannot rotate anything) or the content and the styling of the block. If you edited an existing page and were unable to see the content rotate, please file a ticket on brikit.atlassian.net and attach the storage format of your page. 
  2. You can add images by adding the block and linking the image using the Confluence link editor. You can also use the Rollover Image Link if you'd like a hover effect to appear when people hover over the image. 
  3. We simply edited the individual blocks on the Hero Content page to add text. The images on that page have been added as a background using the page designer. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Thanks, 

Maggie

Glady James February 29, 2016

Thanks @Maggie Modersohn. This works.

0 votes
CelesteCS June 8, 2016

Hello,

The laser-sharp solution for rotating images in Confluence is CelesteCS Image Lossless Rotator.
It rotates images lossless, which means the image quality and file size are not changed. Additionally it can rotate images automatically based on EXIF orientation tag. Plus, EXIF data is not lost, so you will not lose the information, where the proto has been made, after rotation.

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events