How does build-integration plugin works?

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Does any documentation on Stash Build Integration Plugin exists?

I could not understand which builds info about is delivered to Stash.

I am interested especially in builds, which are displayed in pull-request.

From Stash sources I have retrieved next:

The context object is send inside plugin to web-panel in pull-request-overview in atlassian-plugin.xml (from build-integration-plugin).

There is a csid field in it. It contains latest commit id from "from branch".

So I am excpected that only builds from refs/heads/{fromBranch} or from its symbolic reference (refs/pull-requests/{num}) would be displayed.

But. I see some more builds.

If no docs exists , please, describe which builds are delivered in Stash, because I couldnt understand tha plugin logic.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2013

Hi Dana,

Does this help?

https://developer.atlassian.com/stash/docs/latest/how-tos/updating-build-status-for-commits.html

Builds are attached to specific commits. As you've discovered on the pull-request page we use the latest commit of the 'from branch' to see if that pull request has got any builds results. What extra builds are you seeing, and why are you not expecting them? To be visible on the PR page they would have to be attached against the most recent commit of that PR.

Cheers,

Charles

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

Correct me, if I am wrong.

Only builds, connected with the latest commit in "from" branch are deliver in Stash.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2013

Hi Dana,

I think what you're asking is whether the build status on a pull-request is taking purely from the most recent commit on the 'from' branch, which is exactly right. We store all the old results from previous commits though, so if you switch the commits tab you will may see results against each commit, depending on when/what you pushed and if they were built.

I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what the problem is? You're seeing extra build results that you're not expecting? Can you provide us more details? What does the build configuration look like for the plans that are (incorrectly) linking against your pull request?

Cheers,

Charles

Dana
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

Problem was in integration server. It displayed logical name of different branches in custom way, so I didnt recognize that builds are correct. But your answers helped me in another point, so I was able to finish my plugin.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events