cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does JIRA Database Value plugin interact with the source database

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2014

I am trying to understand the architecture of the JIRA Database Value plugin.

Am I right, that there is no data export / sync from source database to JIRA? Just the primary key of the source data is stored in JIRA database. All other data is loaded on the fly while using create, edit or search?

And in JIRA database the primary key is stored in a text field and not in a select field?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

Hi,

you are absolutely correct in your understanding of the plugin. The idea is that you only have a reference to the external data which is in the database, so the external database can change and the data shown in JIRA will be up to date.

regards,

Wim

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 3, 2015

And how could I use simple fields. Have You got a simplest tutorial thas this on Wiki page ? https://bitbucket.org/wimdeblauwe/jdvp/wiki/Home#markdown-header-general

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 3, 2015

How to clear a cache of a field. If I delete propeties from classes they work too. I can't edit it or delete this field.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events