How do you create a reciprocal link programmatically?

Glenn Verrijkt May 25, 2015

The JIRA documentation describes that you can link an issue to an issue on a remote JIRA if you have configured  a fully reciprocal application link between the 2 JIRAs. The link between these issues will be rendered with the up-to-date status, type, priority, etc..

I am developing a custom plugin and I'm looking for a way to create such a link programmatically. I've played with the RemoteIssueLinkService and related classes, as described in the "Remote Issue Links" guide, but so far I only managed to create static links that for example do not display/update the status of the remote issue correctly. I've also looked at the com.atlassian.applinks.api package, but I don't see how I can use it to create a reciprocal link.

Is it possible to create a reciprocal link between remote issues programmatically, such that the link will display up-to-date status and such at all times?

Where can I find some documentation about how to do this?

Thanks

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016

Hi @Glenn Verrijkt, any updates on this issue? I too am facing the same problem.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events