How do I get the Aggregation Gauge Gadget to Display in Confluence?

Anthony Cardone June 7, 2016

Hello,

I am trying to get the Aggregation (or Gauge)  Metrics Gadgets to display in Confluence, but it will not display in Confluence outside of the macro preview. 

• I have correctly linked my JIRA and Confluence sites so gadgets and gadget feeds are connected.
  • I can use all other JIRA gadgets that I have tried in a confluence page, including the Filter Velocity, Version Velocity and Project Quality Gadgets, but I can't get the Aggregation gadgets to work.
  • Aggregation DOES successfully preview in the Confluence add macro pane (with the correct data/results from my query), just when loading the actual page they don't show up. 
  • The attached images show the gadget on a JIRA Dashboard, than preview in Confluence, then what actually displays on the saved page (just little brackets)Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.46.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.50.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.50.45 AM.png. 

If anyone can advise, please let me know? Thank you!

-Anthony

Update - The plugin works when I choose a filter, but not when I use a JQL statement. The JQL statement runs fine in preview, but upon saving it, it strips out most of the JQL statement and throws this error: 

There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• JQL query is invalid.

This even happens on extremely simple JQL, like Project=X

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony Cardone June 7, 2016

Ok, I figured it out... the equals sign = was causing an issue. Basically query would execute in preview perfectly fine, but when you hit save, the = sign and everything after it would get stripped out. So Project = X just becomes Project.

So the workaround was to change my query to use 'in'.... Project in (X), and then all was right in the world. I'm guessing other characters will cause the issue as well, but did not play around to find out. 

Junio Fernandes June 12, 2018

In my case it does not work because of 

• Field must be provided.

A message displayed because I can't select any field in the configuration pane. Not working in my Confluence instance.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events