Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export all crucible review comments of a project to excel?

Rohan Herbert June 25, 2013

I am using crucible v2.7.7

I want to export all (500-1000) review comments / defects of a project, with all details like Review ID, reviewer name, creation date and all custom fields (crucible defect classifications : ranking, classification etc) as separate columns in an excel sheet.

Crucible doesnt seem to give me this option by default.

I tried to use a MS SQL query to directly get the data from the DB, but am unable to find the tables where the Crucible "Defect Classification" fields are stored.

Is there an easier way to get this data?

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

I do not think it is possible do extract such data right now. We have a feature request for this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-6437

Feel free to go in and vote for this issue. feature requests with higher votes are more likely to be taken up for development that other by atlassian.

Rahul

0 votes
John Werner December 11, 2013

All of the data can be gotten out through the REST interface. This Crucible-Excel Dump utility show how it can be done using using C# and .net.

0 votes
Rohan Herbert December 11, 2013

Thanks Kai,

we faced the same issue when we wanted to merge 2 instances.

although i am able to write a sql query to get the export i want, importing it back is a whole other challenge.

please do share if you find a solution, appreciate that :)

0 votes
Kai Berberich December 10, 2013

We're also looking for a way to migrate crucible reviews from one instance of Fisheye/Crucible to another. The first step in this process would be a simple and straight forward way to export this information.
There doesn't seem to be any straight forward way of doing this at this stage. Hence we're unable to merge and consolidate our licenses.

I will be raising a ticket with Atlassian regarding this lack of functionality. If I get any information back I will post it here.

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2013

Hi Rohan,

I tried to use a MS SQL query to directly get the data from the DB, but am unable to find the tables where the Crucible "Defect Classification" fields are stored.

This is stored in the table cru_field. I will need to refer to table cru_comment_field for comment ID and table cru_metric_definition for the definition.

0 votes
Rohan Herbert June 25, 2013

Im looking for a solution to get this data. since crucible wont give me this feature, anyone have any workarounds in mind?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events