Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Sprint in JIRA 7 now that the Agile menu is gone?

raulgd April 27, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Planning a version

How do I create a Sprint in JIRA 7 with the new scrum board? I don't see a "create sprint" or whatever button, while in JIRA Agile was really easy to do so.

Or is this a bug that the permissions aren't migrated correctly? I read a blog post that there is ever more permissions and roles for sprint work, and this is a pain in the neck to get correctly when you work in a big organization with a huge JIRA deploy and an IT department that takes like a week just to get an "I don't know" answer.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
veera praneeth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

We have the latest JIRA Version, and I see there is no much change for Scrum boards. The regular way, in the Backlog view, above the Backlog you can add a sprint. Be sure that you have the necessary permissions to add a sprint.

Emilia Vanderwerf May 2, 2018

Hello @veera praneeth. I am currently trying to create a Sprint in Jira 7, but I don't even see the Backlog view. Is there a way to enable it? Or can you give me instructions please as to where I can find the Backlog view?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events