Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the · and > characters in the Confluence page tree?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2013

My users don't recognize the · and > characters as indicating an expandable / collapsible tree. How can I change those to +/- toggles like the ones in K15t's docs?

http://www.k15t.com/display/HTML/Users+Guide

I'm using 5.1.4 installed with the Documentation theme with the Page Tree option disabled and this macro instead:

{pagetree:root=documentation library|startDepth=1|expandCollapseAll=true}

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013

There is an Atlassian Jira ticket which describes how to override the new > and . images and put back the previous + and - images. You need to put the following CSS into the space stylesheet:

.expand-control-icon.expanded, .ui-tree li.opened>.click-zone, #children-section.children-showing a.children-show-hide.icon, .icon-section-opened {
background-image: url('<Server Base URL>/images/icons/tree_minus.gif') !important;
}
.expand-control-icon, .ui-tree li.closed>.click-zone, #children-section.children-hidden a.children-show-hide.icon, .icon-section-closed {
background-image: url('<Server Base URL>/images/icons/tree_plus.gif') !important;
}

I found that making the URL relative worked fine (so just delete the <Server Base URL> portion).

Jira ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29561

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2013

Thanks! This was almost as stupid as the round logos.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

To override CSS, you can edit the style in the admin panel: Look & Feel > Stylesheet. Add a new entry, and be sure to add "!important" to the end so that it overrides the built-in CSS. For example:

.body {

font-size: 12 !important;

}

0 votes
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

Seriously, no one can tell me how to do this? Users find this very confusing, they don't recognize those as expand / collapse toggles.

0 votes
Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2013

Poking around in the source for the linked page, I guess the following is the CSS that does it. Where would I put CSS to override pagegree-resources.css? Or would I have to hack the plugin?

div.plugin_pagetree div.error{padding-left:15px;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list_noleftspace{margin-left:0;padding-left:0;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list{list-style-type:none;margin-bottom:0;padding-left:0;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list li ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list{padding-left:16px;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list li,div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list li div.plugin_pagetree_children_container{clear:left;overflow:hidden;width:100%;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list li .plugin_pagetree_children_content{float:left;width:85%;text-decoration:none;}
div.plugin_pagetree a:link{text-decoration:none;}
div.plugin_pagetree a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list li .plugin_pagetree_childtoggle_container{float:left;width:15px;}
div.plugin_pagetree .plugin_pagetree_childtoggle_container{padding-bottom:2px;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list li{padding:2px 0;}
div.plugin_pagetree ul.plugin_pagetree_children_list li:last-child{padding:2px 0 0 0;}
.plugin_pagetree_childtoggle_container .icon-minus{background:transparent url(/s/en_GB-1988229788/4215/27aa6aff3fb0e9e5138a84da80ecdaa533a08846.6/2.1.5/_/download/resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.pagetree:pagetree-resources/../../../images/icons/tree_minus.gif) no-repeat scroll 0 4px;}
.plugin_pagetree_childtoggle_container .icon-plus{background:transparent url(/s/en_GB-1988229788/4215/27aa6aff3fb0e9e5138a84da80ecdaa533a08846.6/2.1.5/_/download/resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.pagetree:pagetree-resources/../../../images/icons/tree_plus.gif) no-repeat scroll 0 4px;}
.plugin_pagetree_childtoggle_container .icon-square{background:transparent url(/s/en_GB-1988229788/4215/27aa6aff3fb0e9e5138a84da80ecdaa533a08846.6/2.1.5/_/download/resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.pagetree:pagetree-resources/../../../images/icons/tree_square.gif) no-repeat scroll 0 4px;}

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events