cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I call a Webservice from a post-function defined in a version 2 plugin

Thomas Leineweber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

I want to call an external Webservice from a workflow post-function. The workflow post.function is in a version 2 plugin. I get the Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface com.sun.xml.internal.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider is not visible from class loader

Why are these Classes of the JRE not visible and how can I make the needed classes visible for my plugin?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Leineweber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

The problem was, that we tried to call a JAX-WS 2 Webservice.

When we changed to a JAX-RPC generated Webservice-client generated by axis 1.4, everything is working smooth.

0 votes
Mike Whitlock July 4, 2013
Thomas, I have to do the same thing. Call external web service in a post function. Any way I could see your code on how you accomplished this. Thanks for your time and help. Mike Whitlock mwhitlock@ercot.com
Thomas Leineweber
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2013

Mike, we have reverted to using JAX-RPC and axis 1.4 for generating the Webservice-Client. You can find a very short HOWTO (it is not my site) here:

http://chrisjordan.ca/post/15052416297/how-to-build-an-axis-1-4-xml-rpc-based-web-service

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2012

I think you would need to add explicit dependency in pom.xml.

Thomas Leineweber
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

although importing all (*), the message remains.

When using the explicit import on com.sun.xml.internal.ws.*, it says, that the plugin can not be started as this package is nowhere exported

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events