It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I automatically assign certain issue type to group of people via workflow postfunctions?

Elif Alverson Dec 14, 2016

Hello,

How do I automatically assign certain issue type to group of people via workflow postfunctions? 

Or can I use a DL as a user that when there is specific issue type created it automatically assigns it to a DL?

Elif

1 answer

0 votes
Aylin Kohls Dec 14, 2016

Hi Elif.

If you have different workflows for each issue type, you can use postfunction to assign every issue created for each worflow to different group or project role.

Using same workiflow, I thing you shoul use scripting to identify issue type and then assign depending on that.

Regards, Aylin.

Elif Alverson Dec 14, 2016

I do have a separate workflow for the issue type I would like to assign a group of people. When I try the post functions, I am not sure which one to use.

I am not familiar with writing scripts, that is why I am trying to use either DL or post functions.

Aylin Kohls Dec 14, 2016

You'll need a plugin. Native JIRA postfuncionts don´t include assign to a group. JIRA Cloud has a few workflow plugins, one I use is JMWE but has assign to a project role (instead of group).

Hope it was usefull.

Regards, Aylin.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase

Friday Fun: What's your best vacation planning hack?

Let's face it, work can be challenging but fulfilling, especially when you enjoy the challenges thrown at you.  However for me, nothing compares to going on vacation (or holiday as some of you m...

527 views 26 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you