Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I automatically assign certain issue type to group of people via workflow postfunctions?

Elif Alverson December 14, 2016

Hello,

How do I automatically assign certain issue type to group of people via workflow postfunctions? 

Or can I use a DL as a user that when there is specific issue type created it automatically assigns it to a DL?

Elif

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Hi Elif.

If you have different workflows for each issue type, you can use postfunction to assign every issue created for each worflow to different group or project role.

Using same workiflow, I thing you shoul use scripting to identify issue type and then assign depending on that.

Regards, Aylin.

Elif Alverson December 14, 2016

I do have a separate workflow for the issue type I would like to assign a group of people. When I try the post functions, I am not sure which one to use.

I am not familiar with writing scripts, that is why I am trying to use either DL or post functions.

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

You'll need a plugin. Native JIRA postfuncionts don´t include assign to a group. JIRA Cloud has a few workflow plugins, one I use is JMWE but has assign to a project role (instead of group).

Hope it was usefull.

Regards, Aylin.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events