How connect to Jira server with REST API and Java language?

ROUAG Ines February 6, 2013

Hello,

I would like to use the REST API for communicate with JIRA. For example, I want to create an issue, so I must to connect to a JIRA server.

I don't know how to do. I use Java language. I search on every forums and Atlassian tutorials but it doesn't works.

I also install JRJC and Maven2 plugin for Eclipse dev cause I've seen in the Atlassian tutorial it's good to develop with this plugin but I don't know to use this plugin so when I create a Maven project I have a lot of errors. Can I have help for understand how this plugin works?

Can u help me to resolve my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

You need to create a client in your Java code to send and receive REST request and responses.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/The+Simplest+Possible+JIRA+REST+Examples

ROUAG Ines February 6, 2013

Thanks for your answer!

I know this tutorial but my problem is to add depedencies in my pom.xml without errors.

Can u help me? Do you know how works Maven2 plugin?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

You'll have to find your own resources on how to use Maven 2 to add dependencies.

Just as a heads up, I use this for creating a REST client:

<dependency>
	<groupId>com.sun.jersey</groupId>
	<artifactId>jersey-client</artifactId>
	<version>1.8-atlassian-6</version>
	<scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

I use this for parsing JSON:

<dependency>
	<groupId>com.googlecode.json-simple</groupId>
	<artifactId>json-simple</artifactId>
	<version>1.1.1</version>